OPEN CALL - Serendipity Arts Virtual Grant
Deadline for Applications: 17 May 2021
Duration of Grant: 6 Months | 7th June 2021 – 30 November 2021
Grant Amount: Up to INR 1,00,000
- Project proposals not limited in scope, and can cross disciplines in science, art and literature
- Project proposal not be more that 1000 words, submitting details explaining the concept and story board of the production, along with a statement of relevance/justification of the grant, and nature of collaboration.
- A detailed budget must be submitted along with the application
- Applicants must submit examples of past work, as well as an execution plan for the project proposal
Terms and Conditions
- What is a new media project?
New Media projects are creative ideas arising from technology that includes digital interfaces, computer generated animations, gaming, human-computer interface, interactive virtual installations, websites, virtual worlds – AI or VR etc.
- What are interdisciplinary projects?
Interdisciplinary projects are proposals which go beyond a single area of practice and inquiry in Art, Literature, Science etc. An example of an interdisciplinary project is Future Landing.
- Can I render a preexisting physical project in a virtual space for the grant?
Yes, an existing project can be executed digitally for the grant
- I am a Visual Art practitioner, can I apply by myself?
No, the grant is only open to collaborative projects.
- My project has received a seed funding, can I still apply for the grant?
Yes, you can apply if your project has already received another grant.
- What should the budget include?
The budget must include the heads of expenditure associated to developing a digital project like web design, web development, artists fee, coding, etc.
- I am a coder, can I collaborate with a Chef for the a project pitched for the Grant?
Yes, all collaborative projects across disciplines are eligible for the Grant
- Do I need to purchase a domain?
No, the grant project would be hosted on the Serendipity Arts Virtual domain within its servers
Please write to us at [email protected] in case of any other queries.